Knowing what you're passionate about is hard. Searching to find out what you are passionate about is even harder. However, after reading this you will hopefully have the skills to find out what truly motivates you.
3 Key Things to Look for When Finding Your Passion:
- What are your strengths?
- What are your values, what do you believe in?
- What experiences have you had that make you, you?
It is important to bear these things in mind when looking for your passions. Finding out what you love is a way to find what matters to you, and what inspires you to get out of the bed each morning. Once you have this meaning and purpose, you will create a more valuable life for yourself and .
4 ways to find out what you are passionate about?
- Pretend that you are dead (but keep reading on!), what do you want it to say on your obituary? Is what you're doing now or your future career going to give you that, if not, what will? Take 5 minutes to try and write your obituary the way you would want it to read.
- Ask 5-10 people in your life, people that know you well, âwhen have you seen me most alive and passionate?â. Now draw these in four simple images.
- Think about what you would do if you were forced to do one thing for the rest of your life.
- It could be a good idea to do this with somebody who knows you.
- It is important to think about the meaning and impact you have on others with this decision.
- Why are you choosing do this particular thing?
It is important to note that as with achieving anything, the best way to do achieve something just to take action and do it. You will never know what truly drives you until you start experiencing things that you are interested in. Even if you don't find what you love doing immediately at least you are still having really enriching experiences and making a strong start to finding your ideal career.